Bird Day in Canillas de Aceituno
Saturday, 19 October 2019.
MEETING POINT: Canillas de Aceituno City Council.
8.30 am – Reception of participants and invitation to breakfast with local produce
9.00 am – Presentation by representatives of the Town Hall explaining the activities to take place during the session by representative members of SECN (Society for the Study and Conservation of Nature).
9.30 am – Talk in the Campo: “Introduction to local birdlife” by personnel from the group SEO-Malaga
10.00 am – On-site workshops (accompanied by ornithologists and naturalists)
- I – Didactic workshop on scientific ringing of birds by “ringers” from the local group SEO-Malaga
- II – Observation of birds associated with agricultural activities
- III – Observation of birds in river areas
- IV – Observation of forest birds
- V – Observation of birds in degraded areas (Visit EDAR Canillas de Aceituno). Placing of a nesting box for owls.
2.30 pm – Lunch organised
PARTICIPANTS MUST SIGN UP (from 1st to 16th of October)
Cost: €10 per person
The registration includes: Tee-shirt of Bird day in Canillas de Aceituno, Guide of Birds of Axarquia, Breakfast, Lunch and Insurance covering the activities.